Monday, May 19, 2008

Capture Music City Photo Contest

Confession: I am addicted to the Tennessean's Capture Music City Photo Contest.

How it works.

In essence, it is a contest designed to sell a coffee table book. Brilliant, eh?

I understand the publisher of the book is local, which is very cool.  The sponsors are also local. Also cool.

The Tennessean's own photographers are encouraged to contribute their work, but are ineligible for prizes.

I, however, am not ineligible for the prizes which is why I am shamelessly pandering for votes. In Capture Music City language, that translates to "promoting".

The fact is, there are many professional photographers who are contributing their work. There is some truly beautiful art on the site already.

I'd like to think that some of my shots are hangin' with the big dogs, but I know my amateur status. I don't want to get too big for my britches.

Please, if you've made it to this site by any other way than Capture Music City, check out my photos. You may search the site for "Artists Aloud" or "Brenda Sparks". Either will bring up my 91 photos, to date.

And hey, you're not going to hurt my feelings by casting your vote for 1 of my photos, or for all 91 for that matter.

There is a 30 photo a day submission limit. I believe they call that the "Brenda clause". 

To vote you must register with the site. "Dig it" means you liked it. "Nix it" means you'll pass. If you love the photo you must click on "Love it" before you click on "Dig It", or else your loving vote will not be counted.

The contest is just 3 months shy of completion, so there is a ways to go.

This is a marathon not a sprint, people. Pace yourselves.

Check back often for more photo additions. Or news that I've been banned from the site for serial posting. 

I told you I have addictive personality tendencies. 









1 comment:

Bellanundo said...

I laughed out loud at the "addictive" admission of posting to Capture Music City! You hit the nail on the head, Brenda, for no doubt the bulk of us who are submitting.

Did want to clarify that the publisher (Pediment) is in Vancouver, Washington and not local. Regardless, they have enough natural beauty and cool culture in their neck of the woods (across the Columbia River from Portland, Oregon) that they certainly can appreciate what we're all doing over here in the hot South.

Really am enjoying your photos.

Peace and Photography ...
Nancy Diana

Iris

Iris
The state flower of Tennessee. Photography by Brenda Sparks.