Thursday, May 1, 2008

Professional Theatre Artist/Amateur Shutterbug

This site will also feature my amateur photography. Note iris below and flying heron header. I carry my beloved Canon Powershot S3 IS everywhere I go. I am a complete novice. I have no formal training, save for a recent 2-hour digital photography workshop. I do have the privilege of knowing several other area mamas and shutterbugs who share the same Canon camera and a passion for photography. They have inspired me to experiment and explore more (read: mocked me relentlessly to get out of 'sportsmode'). As an artist, I have found my camera to be an excellent outlet during these early years of motherhood. Although mothering in and of itself is an extremely creative and challenging enterprise, I have found photography has helped keep my artist aesthetic sharp (and my mind somewhat sane) between gigs.

1 comment:

Julie Clark said...

mocked relentlessly? That's a bit harsh. :lol

(But aren't you glad we did???)

:o)

Iris

Iris
The state flower of Tennessee. Photography by Brenda Sparks.